Upcoming Rights-of-way maintenance
Please be aware of some right-of-way projects in the upcoming months as we work to maintain and improve our electric system. We appreciate your cooperation and support as we perform this annual maintenance work to continue to provide you with the best service possible. These preventative measures help lessen the possibility of an outage caused by fallen trees or debris.
Who to Call?
If you have any questions or concerns about rights of way, feel free to contact NAEC at (256) 437-1100.
Stay in the “Safe Zone”
The main preventative measure members can take is making sure to maintain a “safe zone” when planting trees on their property.
- 20-50 feet or farther from the Maintenance Zone.
- Examples: Holly, ornamental cherry.
- 50 feet farther from the Maintenance Zone.
- Examples: Maple, spruce, oak, pine.
- 10-20 feet or farther from the Maintenance Zone.
- Examples: Redbud, dogwood.
- No vines, shrubs, or trees should be planted within 10 feet of the farthest point on a utility pole.